Joost Visser is Head of Research at the Software Improvement Group
(SIG) in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. In that role, Joost is responsible for innovation of tools and services, academic relations, internship coordination, and general research. Joost also holds a part-time position as Professor of "Large-Scale Software Systems" at the Radboud University Nijmegen
, The Netherlands.
Joost has worked for SIG before: in 2002-2003 he contributed to the initiation of Software Risk Assessment and Sofware Monitoring services. In the meantime, Joost was a researcher in the LMF Group
at the Departamento de Informática
of the Universidade do Minho in Braga, Portugal, and member of the Computer Science and Technology Center (CCTC)
. Joost carried out his PhD research at the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science
(CWI) in Amsterdam.
- Convener of the Norm Committee NC 381007 on Software and Systems Engineering at NEN.
- PC member for ICSM 2012 Industry Track: 28th IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance
- PC member for SQM 2012: 6th International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability
- Track chair for QUATIC 2012: Thematic track Quality in ICT Evolution of the 8th International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology
- PC member for GREENS 2012: First International Workshop on Green and Sustainable Software
- Organizer of MTD 2012: 3rd International Workshop on Managing Technical Debt
- PC member for CSMR 2012: 16th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering
- PC member for the Quality Evolution in ICT track of QUATIC 2010: the 7th International Conference on the Quality of Information and Communications Technology.
- PC member for SOAME: the workshop on SOA Migration and Evolution 2010.
- PC member for SQM 2010: the 4th International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability.
- PC member for REMIDI 2010: the 4th International Workshop on Tool-Supported Development and Management in Distributed Software Projects.
- PC member for CSMR 2010: the 14th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering.
- PC member for OpenCert 2010: 4th International Workshop on Foundations and Techniques for Open Source Software Certification.
- PC member for LDTA 2010: the 10th Workshop on Language Descriptions, Tools and Applications.
- PC member for IWPSE-EVOL 2009: the Joint 10th International Workshop on Principles of Software Evolution (IWPSE) and 5th International ERCIM Workshop on Software Evolution (EVOL).
- Organizer of GTTSE 2009: The 3rd International Summer School on Generative and Transformational Techniques in Software Engineering.
- Workshop chair of SQM 2009: Third International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability.
- PC member for PEPM 2009: ACM SIGPLAN 2009 Workshop on Partial Evaluation and Program Manipulation.
- PC member for FLOSS-FM 2008 & OpenCert 2008 joint workshop.
- PC member for RULE 2008.
- Organization of IRPC 2008: working session on Industrial Realities of Program Comprehension, a satellite event of ICPC 2008.
- PC member for MEMSE 2008: Workshop on Maintenance and Evolution in Model-Based Software Engineering.
- Workshop Chair for SQM 2008: 2nd Int Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability
- PC member for LDTA 2008: 8th Workshop on Language Descriptions, Tools and Applications.
- Teaching Software Analysis and Testing in MFES, Master in Formal Methods in Software Engineering.
- Organization of ETAPS 2007 (Satelite Events Co-chair)
- Organization of GTTSE 2007 (Program Chair)
- Organization of RULE 2007 (Organizing Co-chair)
- PC member for CC 2007: 16th International Conference on Compiler Construction.
- PC member for SBMF 2007: 10th Brazilian Symposium on Formal Methods.
- PC member for ATEM 2007: 4th International Workshop on Language Engineering.
- Past activities